It’s a gift that keeps on giving. I’m sure many of you, like me, have thought how incredibly explicit basketball terms can be. I can’t think of another sport wherein the terms, both formal and official terminology, as well as the broadcasters jargon, are as sexually graphic as hoops. Some phrases take a little effort and imagination, while others are just straight raunchy. So I took to Twitter to ask you all, what are some of your favorite #BasketballSex terms?
Here are my ten favorite, mixed in with some your tweets. Let the hilarity ensue.
1. “They’re banging down below.” — When big men slam bodies against each other in the paint. The players are getting physical.
2. Man to Man. — A style of defense wherein the defender follows his assigned player around the court.
3. Facial. — A prolific score or single play performed in the presence of tight D (lol).
4. Between The Legs. — denotes putting the ball between your legs. How else can I explain that?
5. Two Minute Warning. — An announcement when there are two minutes left in a quarter.
6. Backdoor Entry or Backdoor Pass. — When a player without the ball gets behind the defense and receives a pass for an easy score.
7. “Going strong to the hole.” — An aggressive offensive move toward the basket.
8. “Jack off the bench.” — When Cleveland Cavaliers reserve guard Jarrett Jack enters the game.
9. Tip in. — On a missed shot wherein the ball is still close to the rim, one of the players on offense “tips” the ball into the rim.
10. Ball handling. — Dribbling the ball.
Can you think of anymore? Put them in the comments section!